Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 180. Accounting By and Determination of Liability of Custodian.
previous: Section 170
. Renunciation, Resignation, Death, or Removal of Custodian; Designation of Successor Custodian.
next: Section 190
. Termination of Custodianship.
AS 13.46.180. Accounting By and Determination of Liability of Custodian.
- (a) A minor who has attained the age of 14 years, the minor's guardian of the person or legal representative, an adult
member of the minor's family, a transferor, or a transferor's legal representative may petition the court for
- (1) an accounting by the custodian or the custodian's legal representative; or
- (2) a determination of responsibility, as between the custodial property and the custodian personally, for claims against
the custodial property unless the responsibility has been adjudicated in an action under AS 13.46.160
to which the minor or the minor's legal representative was a party.
- (b) A successor custodian may petition the court for an accounting by the predecessor custodian.
- (c) The court, in a proceeding under this chapter or in another proceeding, may require or permit the custodian or the
custodian's legal representative to account.
- (d) If a custodian is removed under AS 13.46.170
(f), the court shall require an accounting and order delivery of the custodial property and records to the successor
custodian and the execution of all instruments required for transfer of the custodial property.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.