Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 160. Liability to Third Persons.
previous: Section 150
. Exemption of Third Person From Liability.
next: Section 170
. Renunciation, Resignation, Death, or Removal of Custodian; Designation of Successor Custodian.
AS 13.46.160. Liability to Third Persons.
- (a) A claim based on (1) a contract entered into by a custodian acting in a custodial capacity, (2) an obligation arising
from the ownership or control of custodial property, or (3) a tort committed during the custodianship, may be asserted
against the custodial property by proceeding against the custodian in the custodial capacity, whether or not the
custodian or the minor is personally liable.
- (b) A custodian is not personally liable
- (1) on a contract properly entered into in the custodial capacity unless the custodian fails to reveal that capacity and
to identify the custodianship in the contract; or
- (2) for an obligation arising from control of custodial property or for a tort committed during the custodianship unless
the custodian is personally at fault.
- (c) A minor is not personally liable for an obligation arising from ownership of custodial property or for a tort
committed during the custodianship unless the minor is personally at fault.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.