Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 46. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Section 10. Scope and Jurisdiction.
previous: Chapter 46
. Alaska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
next: Section 20
. Nomination of Custodian.
AS 13.46.010. Scope and Jurisdiction.
- (a) This chapter applies to a transfer that refers to this chapter in the designation under AS 13.46.080
(a) by which the transfer is made, if at the time of the transfer, the transferor, the minor, or the custodian is a
resident of this state or the custodial property is located in this state. The custodianship so created remains subject
to this chapter despite a subsequent change in residence of a transferor, the minor, or the custodian, or the removal
of custodial property from this state.
- (b) A person designated as custodian under this chapter is subject to personal jurisdiction in this state with respect to
a matter relating to the custodianship.
- (c) A transfer that purports to be made and that is valid under the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act, the Uniform Gifts to
Minors Act, or a substantially similar act of another state is governed by the law of the designated state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.