Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 38. Principal and Income of Trusts
- Section 750. Asset-Backed Securities.
previous: Section 740
. Derivatives and Options.
next: Section 800
. Mandatory Disbursements From Income.
AS 13.38.750. Asset-Backed Securities.
- (a) If a trust receives a payment from interest or other current return and from other proceeds of the collateral
financial assets, the trustee shall allocate the portion of the payment that the payor identifies as being from
interest or other current return to income, and the trustee shall allocate the balance of the payment to principal.
- (b) If a trust receives one or more payments in exchange for the trust's entire interest in an asset-backed security in
one accounting period, the trustee shall allocate the payments to principal. If a payment is one of a series of
payments that will result in the liquidation of the trust's interest in the security over more than one accounting
period, the trustee shall allocate 10 percent of the payment to income and the balance to principal.
- (c) In this section, "asset-backed security"
- (1) means an asset whose value is based on the right it gives the owner to receive distributions from the proceeds of
financial assets that provide collateral for the security;
- (2) includes an asset that gives the owner the right to receive from the collateral financial assets only the interest or
other current return or only the proceeds other than interest or current return;
- (3) does not include an asset to which AS 13.38.600
or 13.38.690 applies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.