Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 38. Principal and Income of Trusts
- Section 500. Determination and Distribution of Net Income.
previous: Section 490
next: Section 510
. Distribution to Residuary and Remainder Beneficiaries.
AS 13.38.500. Determination and Distribution of Net Income.
After a decedent dies in the case of an estate, or after an income interest in a trust ends, a fiduciary
- (1) of an estate or of a terminating income interest shall determine the amount of net income and net principal receipts
received from property specifically given to a beneficiary under (5) of this section and the provisions applicable to
trustees in AS 13.38.550
- 13.38.860; the fiduciary shall distribute the net
income and net principal receipts to the beneficiary who is to receive the specific property;
- (2) shall distribute to a beneficiary or trust that receives a pecuniary amount a share of net income equal to the
beneficiary's or trust's fractional interest in undistributed principal assets as determined under AS 13.38.510
(a), (b)(1), (b)(3), and (c) - (e); the share accrues from the date of death of a decedent, in the case of an estate,
or the date of death of a settlor or specified event, in the case of a revocable or irrevocable trust;
- (3) shall determine the remaining net income of a decedent's estate or a terminating income interest under the provisions
applicable to trustees in AS 13.38.550
- 13.38.860 and by
- (A) including in net income all income from property used to discharge liabilities; and
- (B) paying from principal the debts, the funeral expenses, the costs of disposition of remains, the family allowance under
, fees of personal representatives and their attorneys and accountants, and the taxes, related interest, and penalties
described in AS 13.38.810(a)(7) that are apportioned
to the estate or terminating income interest by the governing instrument or applicable law;
- (4) shall distribute the net income remaining after distributions required by (2) of this section in the manner described
in AS 13.38.510
to all other beneficiaries;
- (5) may not reduce principal or income receipts from property described in (1) of this section because of a payment
described in AS 13.38.800 or 13.38.810 to the extent that the governing instrument or
applicable law requires the fiduciary to make the payment from assets other than the property or to the extent that the
fiduciary recovers or expects to recover the payment from a third party; the net income and principal receipts from the
property are determined by
- (A) including all of the amounts the fiduciary receives or pays with respect to the property, whether those amounts
accrued or became due before, on, or after the date of a decedent's death or an income interest's terminating event;
- (B) making a reasonable provision for amounts that the fiduciary believes the estate or terminating income interest may
become obligated to pay after the property is distributed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.