Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 38. Principal and Income of Trusts
- Section 340. Discretion of Trustee Regarding Conversion.
previous: Section 330
. Directions After Conversion.
next: Section 350
. Unitrust Deductions and Distributions.
AS 13.38.340. Discretion of Trustee Regarding Conversion.
The trustee may, in the trustee's discretion, from time to time, determine
- (1) the effective date of a conversion to a unitrust;
- (2) the provisions for prorating a unitrust distribution for a short year in which a beneficiary's right to payments
commences or ceases;
- (3) the frequency of unitrust distributions during the year;
- (4) the effect of other payments from or contributions to the trust on the trust's valuation;
- (5) whether to value the trust's assets annually or more frequently;
- (6) what valuation dates to use;
- (7) how frequently to value nonliquid assets and whether to estimate their value;
- (8) whether to omit trust property occupied or possessed by a beneficiary from the calculations; and
- (9) other matters necessary for the proper functioning of the unitrust.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.