Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 270. Delegation of Investment and Management Functions.
previous: Section 265
. Reviewing Compliance.
next: Section 275
. Language Invoking Standard of AS 13.36.225
AS 13.36.270. Delegation of Investment and Management Functions.
- (a) A trustee may delegate investment and management functions that a prudent trustee of comparable skills could properly
delegate under the circumstances. The trustee shall exercise reasonable care, skill, and caution in
- (1) selecting an agent;
- (2) establishing the scope and terms of the delegation, consistent with the purposes and terms of the trust; and
- (3) periodically reviewing the agent's actions in order to monitor the agent's performance and compliance with the terms
of the delegation.
- (b) In performing a delegated function, an agent owes a duty to the trust to exercise reasonable care to comply with the
terms of the delegation.
- (c) A trustee who complies with the requirements of (a) of this section is not liable to the beneficiaries or to the trust
for the decisions or actions of the agent to whom the function was delegated.
- (d) By accepting the delegation of a trust function from the trustee of a trust that is subject to the law of this state,
an agent submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.