Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 109. Advancements.
previous: Section 108
. After-Born Heirs.
next: Section 110
. Debts to Decedent.
AS 13.12.109. Advancements.
- (a) If an individual dies intestate as to all or a portion of the individual's estate, property the decedent gave during
the decedent's lifetime to an individual who, at the decedent's death, is an heir is treated as an advancement against
the heir's intestate share only if
- (1) the decedent declared in a contemporaneous writing or the heir acknowledged in writing that the gift is an
- (2) the decedent's contemporaneous writing or the heir's written acknowledgment otherwise indicates that the gift is to be
taken into account in computing the division and distribution of the decedent's intestate estate.
- (b) For purposes of (a) of this section, property advanced is valued as of the time the heir came into possession or
enjoyment of the property or as of the time of the decedent's death, whichever first occurs.
- (c) If the recipient of the property fails to survive the decedent, the property is not taken into account in computing
the division and distribution of the decedent's intestate estate, unless the decedent's contemporaneous writing
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.