Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 103. Share of Heirs Other Than Surviving Spouse.
previous: Section 102
. Share of Spouse.
next: Section 104
. Requirement That Heir Survive Decedent For 120 Hours.
AS 13.12.103. Share of Heirs Other Than Surviving Spouse.
A part of the intestate estate not passing to the decedent's surviving spouse under AS 13.12.102
, or the entire intestate estate if there is no surviving spouse, passes in the following order to the individuals
designated below who survive the decedent:
- (1) to the decedent's descendants by representation;
- (2) if there is no surviving descendant, to the decedent's parents equally if both survive, or to the surviving parent;
- (3) if there is no surviving descendant or parent, to the descendants of the decedent's parents or either of them by
- (4) if there is no surviving descendant, parent, or descendant of a parent, but the decedent is survived by one or more
grandparents or descendants of grandparents, half of the estate passes to the decedent's paternal grandparents equally
if both survive, or to the surviving paternal grandparent, or to the descendants of the decedent's paternal
grandparents or either of them if both are deceased, the descendants taking by representation; and the other half
passes to the decedent's maternal relatives in the same manner; but if there is no surviving grandparent or descendant
of a grandparent on either the paternal or the maternal side, the entire estate passes to the decedent's relatives on
the other side in the same manner as the half.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.