Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 65. Death Investigations and Medical Examiners
- Section 7. No Duty For Peace Officer to Respond to the Scene of An Expected Home Death.
previous: Section 5
. Duty to Notify State Medical Examiner.
next: Section 10
. Appointment of Medical Examiner. [Repealed, Sec. 18 Ch 103 SLA 1996].
AS 12.65.007. No Duty For Peace Officer to Respond to the Scene of An Expected Home Death.
- (a) A peace officer is not required by state law to respond to the scene of an expected home death if
- (1) the death was expected to occur due to the dead person's state of health before death;
- (2) the death occurred at the dead person's home as expected due to the dead person's state of health;
- (3) a person authorized to determine and pronounce death determines and pronounces the death; and
- (4) a form signed by the dead person's physician concerning the physician's expectation that the death would occur due to
the person's state of health and that it would occur at home was, at the time of death, on file with the law
enforcement agency for that jurisdiction.
- (b) This section does not
- (1) prohibit a person from requesting a peace officer to respond to the scene described in (a) of this section if, in the
person's opinion, a death investigation by a peace officer may be appropriate due to suspicious or unusual
- (2) relieve a person of the duty to notify the medical examiner and a peace officer of a death that is described in AS 12.65.005
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.