Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 62. Criminal Justice Information and Records Checks
- Section 190. Purging of Criminal Justice Information.
previous: Section 180
. Sealing of Criminal Justice Information.
next: Section 200
. Civil Action and Defense.
AS 12.62.190. Purging of Criminal Justice Information.
- (a) A criminal justice agency may purge only the criminal justice information that the agency is responsible for
maintaining. An agency may determine when and what information will be purged, under (b) of this section.
- (b) Criminal justice information may be purged if the agency determines that the information is devoid of usefulness to a
criminal justice agency due to the
- (1) death of the subject of the information;
- (2) age of the information;
- (3) nature of the offense or of the information;
- (4) volume of the agency's records or other record management considerations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.