Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 45. Trial, Evidence, Compromise
- Section 37. Admissibility of Expert Testimony Relating to Criminal Street Gang Activity.
previous: Section 35
. Admissibility of Dna Profiles.
next: Section 40
. Necessary Evidence For Prostitution or Seduction. [Repealed, Sec. 21 Ch 166 SLA 1978].
AS 12.45.037. Admissibility of Expert Testimony Relating to Criminal Street Gang Activity.
- (a) In a criminal prosecution, expert testimony is admissible to show, in regard to a specific criminal street gang or
criminal street gangs whose conduct is relevant to the case,
- (1) common characteristics of persons who are members of the criminal street gang or criminal street gangs;
- (2) rivalries between specific criminal street gangs;
- (3) common practices and operations of the criminal street gang or criminal street gangs and the members of those gangs;
- (4) social customs and behavior of members of the criminal street gang or the criminal street gangs;
- (5) terminology used by members of the criminal street gang or the criminal street gangs;
- (6) codes of conduct of the particular criminal street gang or criminal street gangs; and
- (7) the types of crimes that are likely to be committed by the particular criminal street gang.
- (b) In this section, "criminal street gang" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.