Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 40. Grand Jury
- Section 110. Hearsay Evidence in Prosecutions For Sexual Offenses.
previous: Section 100
. Contents of Indictment.
next: Chapter 45
. Trial, Evidence, Compromise
AS 12.40.110. Hearsay Evidence in Prosecutions For Sexual Offenses.
- (a) In a prosecution for an offense under AS 11.41.410
- 11.41.458, hearsay evidence of a statement related
to the offense, not otherwise admissible, made by a child who is the victim of the offense may be admitted into
evidence before the grand jury if
- (1) the circumstances of the statement indicate its reliability;
- (2) the child is under 10 years of age when the hearsay evidence is sought to be admitted;
- (3) additional evidence is introduced to corroborate the statement; and
- (4) the child testifies at the grand jury proceeding or the child will be available to testify at trial.
- (b) In this section "statement" means an oral or written assertion or nonverbal conduct if the nonverbal conduct is
intended as an assertion.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.