Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 37. Authorized Communications Interceptions
- Section 400. Police Use of Body Wire.
previous: Section 300
. Authorization For Access to and Use of Communications in Electronic Storage.
next: Section 900
AS 12.37.400. Police Use of Body Wire.
- (a) A peace officer may intercept an oral communication by use of an electronic, mechanical, or other eavesdropping device
that is concealed on or carried on the person of the peace officer and that transmits that oral communication by means
of radio to a receiving unit that is monitored by other peace officers, if
- (1) the interception and monitoring occurs
- (A) during the investigation of a crime or the arrest of a person for a crime; and
- (B) for the purpose of ensuring the safety of the peace officer conducting the investigation or making the arrest;
- (2) the peace officer intercepting the conversation is a party to the oral communication and has consented to the
- (3) the communication intercepted is not recorded.
- (b) A peace officer monitoring a receiving unit under (a) of this section or any other person intercepting an oral
communication transmitted under (a) of this section, is not competent to testify in a criminal proceeding involving a
party to the oral communication about the contents of the oral communication that was intercepted or the fact that the
Article 04. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.