Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 30. Bail
- Section 25. Release Before Trial in Cases Involving Stalking.
previous: Section 23
. Release Before Trial in Cases Involving Controlled Substances or Alcohol.
next: Section 27
. Release in Domestic Violence Cases.
AS 12.30.025. Release Before Trial in Cases Involving Stalking.
- (a) In determining the conditions of release under AS 12.30.020
in cases involving stalking but not domestic violence, the court shall consider the conditions specified in AS 12.30.020
and the following conditions and impose one or more conditions it considers reasonably necessary to protect the
alleged victim of the stalking, including ordering the defendant
- (1) not to subject the victim to further stalking;
- (2) not to contact the victim other than through counsel;
- (3) to engage in counseling; if the court directs the defendant to engage in personal counseling, the court shall provide
in the order that the counseling must propose alternatives to aggression if that type of counseling is available;
- (4) to refrain from the consumption of alcohol or the use of drugs.
- (b) As used in this section,
- (1) "domestic violence" has the meaning given in AS 18.66.990
- (2) "stalking" means a violation of AS 11.41.260
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.