Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 25. Arrests and Citations
- Section 200. Form For Citations.
previous: Section 195
. Disposition of Scheduled Offenses.
next: Section 210
. Disposition and Records of Citations.
AS 12.25.200. Form For Citations.
- (a) The chief administrative officer of each law enforcement agency in the state is responsible for the issuance of books
containing appropriate citations, and shall maintain a record of each book and each citation contained in it and shall
require and retain a receipt for every book issued to a peace officer.
- (b) A citation issued under AS 12.25.180
- (1) the amount of bail or fine and the surcharge applicable to the offense;
- (2) the procedure a person must follow in responding to the citation;
- (3) that if the person fails to pay the bail or fine the person must appear in court;
- (4) that failure to pay the bail or fine or appear in court for an offense involving a moving motor vehicle may result in
- (A) suspension of the person's driver's license, privilege to drive, or privilege to obtain a license; or
- (B) attachment of the person's permanent fund dividend to pay the fine plus court and collection costs under AS 28.05.155
- (5) that the person has a right to
- (A) a trial;
- (B) engage counsel;
- (C) confront and question witnesses;
- (D) testify; and
- (E) subpoena witnesses on the person's behalf.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.