Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 61. Offenses Against Public Order
- Section 195. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the Second Degree.
previous: Section 190
. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the First Degree.
next: Section 200
. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the Third Degree.
AS 11.61.195. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the Second Degree.
- (a) A person commits the crime of misconduct involving weapons in the second degree if the person knowingly
- (1) possesses a firearm during the commission of an offense under AS 11.71.010 - 11.71.040;
- (2) violates AS 11.61.200
(a)(1) and is within the grounds of or on a parking lot immediately adjacent to
- (A) a public or private preschool, elementary, junior high, or secondary school without the permission of the chief
administrative officer of the school or district or the designee of the chief administrative officer; or
- (B) an entity, other than a private residence, licensed as a child care facility under AS 47.32 or recognized by the federal government for the care of
- (3) discharges a firearm at or in the direction of
- (A) a building with reckless disregard for a risk of physical injury to a person; or
- (B) a dwelling.
- (b) Misconduct involving weapons in the second degree is a class B felony.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.