Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 56. Offenses Against Public Administration
- Section 800. False Information or Report.
previous: Section 790
next: Section 805
. False Accusation.
AS 11.56.800. False Information or Report.
- (a) A person commits the crime of false information or report if the person knowingly
- (1) gives false information to a peace officer
- (A) with the intent of implicating another in an offense; or
- (B) concerning the person's identity while the person is
- (i) under arrest, detention, or investigation for a crime; or
- (ii) being served with an arrest warrant or being issued a citation;
- (2) makes a false report to a peace officer that a crime has occurred or is about to occur;
- (3) makes a false report or gives a false alarm, under circumstances not amounting to terroristic threatening in the
second degree under AS 11.56.810, that a fire or other
incident dangerous to life or property calling for an emergency response has occurred or is about to occur;
- (4) makes a false report to the Department of Natural Resources under AS 46.17 concerning the condition of a dam or reservoir; or
- (5) gives false information to a public employee relating to a person's eligibility for a permanent fund dividend under AS 46.23 and the false information does not also violate AS 11.56.205.
- (b) False information or report is a class A misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.