Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 41. Offenses Against the Person
- Section 452. Online Enticement of a Minor.
previous: Section 450
next: Section 455
. Unlawful Exploitation of a Minor.
AS 11.41.452. Online Enticement of a Minor.
- (a) A person commits the crime of online enticement of a minor if the person, being 18 years of age or older,
knowingly uses a computer to communicate with another person to entice, solicit, or encourage the person to engage in an act described
in AS 11.41.455(a)(1) - (7) and
- (1) the other person is a child under 16 years of age; or
- (2) the person believes that the other person is a child under 16 years of age.
- (b) In a prosecution under (a)(2) of this section, it is not a defense that the person enticed, solicited,
or encouraged was not actually a child under 16 years of age.
- (c) In a prosecution under this section, it is not necessary for the prosecution to show that the act
described in AS 11.41.455 (a)(1) - (7) was actually committed.
- (d) Except as provided in (e) of this section, online enticement is a class C felony.
- (e) Online enticement is a class B felony if the defendant was, at the time of the offense, required to
register as a sex offender or child kidnapper under AS 12.63 or a similar law
of another jurisdiction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.