Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 640. Definitions.
previous: Section 630
. Construction of Chapter.
next: Section 650
. Short Title.
AS 10.25.640. Definitions.
In this chapter
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (2) "cooperative" means a corporation organized under this chapter or that becomes subject to this chapter in the manner
provided in this chapter;
- (3) "person" means a natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust, partnership, federal agency, state or
political subdivision, or an agency of the state or political subdivision, or a body politic;
- (4) "presiding officer" means the presiding officer of the board of directors of the cooperative;
- (5) "related telecommunications service" means telecommunications service where there is the transmission and reception of
messages, impressions, pictures, and signals by means of electricity, electromagnetic waves, and any other kind of
energy, force variations, or impulses, whether conveyed by cable, wire, radiated through space, or transmitted through
other media within a specified area or between designated points;
- (6) "telephone service" means communication service whereby voice communication through the use of electricity is the
principal intended use, and includes all telephone lines, facilities or systems used in the rendition of this service.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.