Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 270. Contents of Articles of Consolidation.
previous: Section 260
next: Section 280
. Effect of Consolidation or Merger.
AS 10.25.270. Contents of Articles of Consolidation.
- (a) The articles of consolidation must recite that they are executed pursuant to this chapter and must state
- (1) the name of each consolidating cooperative and the address of its principal office;
- (2) the name of the new cooperative and the address of its principal office;
- (3) a statement that each consolidating cooperative agrees to the consolidation;
- (4) the names and addresses of the directors of the new cooperative;
- (5) the terms and conditions of the consolidation and the manner of carrying it into effect, including the manner in which
members of the consolidating cooperatives may or shall become members of the new cooperative.
- (b) The articles of consolidation may contain provisions not inconsistent with this chapter which are considered necessary
or advisable for the conduct of the business of the new cooperative.
- (c) The presiding officer of each consolidating cooperative executing the articles of consolidation shall make and annex
to the articles an affidavit stating that the provisions of this section regarding the articles were complied with by
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.