Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 175. Board Meetings Open; Exceptions; Remedy.
previous: Section 170
. Quorum of Board.
next: Section 180
. General Powers of Board.
AS 10.25.175. Board Meetings Open; Exceptions; Remedy.
- (a) A meeting of the board of directors may be attended by members of the cooperative. Except when voice votes are
authorized, a vote shall be conducted in such a manner that the members may know the vote of each person entitled to
vote. The board of directors may conduct a meeting by teleconference or similar communications equipment if the board
gives reasonable notice of the meeting and if members of the cooperative are able to attend the meeting sites and hear
the meeting. This section applies only to a meeting at which a quorum of the board participates.
- (b) If excepted subjects are to be discussed at a meeting, the meeting must first be convened as a regular or special
meeting and the question of holding an executive session to discuss matters that come within the exceptions contained
in (c) of this section shall be determined by a majority vote of the board. No subjects may be considered at the
executive session except those mentioned in the motion calling for the executive session unless auxiliary to the main
question. Formal action may not be taken during the executive session.
- (c) The following excepted subjects may be discussed in an executive session:
- (1) matters the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect on the finances of the cooperative;
- (2) subjects that tend to prejudice the reputation and character of a person; however, the person may request a public
- (3) matters discussed with an attorney for the cooperative, the immediate knowledge of which could have an adverse effect
on the legal position of the cooperative.
- (d) Notice shall be given for all regular or special meetings of the board of directors as provided in the bylaws of the
- (e) A member affected by action taken contrary to this section may bring a suit in the superior court. The court may order
appropriate equitable relief after considering the circumstances of the case. Action taken contrary to this section is
not void if other equitable relief is available and appropriate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.