Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 40. Name.
previous: Section 30
. Powers of Telephone Cooperative.
next: Section 50
AS 10.25.040. Name.
- (a) The name of a cooperative must include the words "electric" or "telephone," as appropriate to its purpose, and
"cooperative," and the abbreviation "inc."
- (b) The name of a cooperative must be distinguishable on the records of the Department of Commerce, Community, and
Economic Development from the name of any other organized entity and from a reserved or registered name. The Department
of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development may adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) to implement this subsection.
- (c) The provisions of (a) of this section do not apply to a corporation that becomes subject to this chapter by compliance
with AS 10.25.290 and 10.25.300 or 10.25.620 and that elects to retain a corporate name that
does not comply with (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.