Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 20. Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Section 271. Law Applicable When Domestic and Foreign Corporations Merge or Consolidate.
previous: Section 266
. Merger or Consolidation of Domestic and Foreign Corporations.
next: Section 275
. Effect of Merger or Consolidation of Foreign and Domestic Corporations.
AS 10.20.271. Law Applicable When Domestic and Foreign Corporations Merge or Consolidate.
- (a) Each domestic corporation shall comply with the provisions of this chapter with respect to the merger or consolidation
of domestic corporations and each foreign corporation shall comply with the applicable provisions of the laws of the
state under which it is organized.
- (b) If the surviving or new corporation is to be governed by the laws of a state other than this state, it shall comply
with the provisions of this chapter with respect to foreign corporations if it is to transact business in this state
and in every case it shall file with the commissioner
- (1) an agreement that it may be served with process in this state in a proceeding for the enforcement of an obligation of
a domestic corporation which is a party to the merger or consolidation;
- (2) an irrevocable appointment of the commissioner as its agent to accept service of process in these proceedings.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.