Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 20. Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Section 236. Adoption of Plan of Merger or Consolidation.
previous: Section 231
. Procedure For Consolidation.
next: Section 241
. Abandonment of Plan of Merger or Consolidation.
AS 10.20.236. Adoption of Plan of Merger or Consolidation.
- (a) A plan of merger or consolidation shall be adopted in the manner set out in this section.
- (b) If the members of a merging or consolidating corporation are entitled to vote, the board of directors of the
corporation shall adopt a resolution approving the proposed plan and directing that it be submitted to a vote at a
meeting of members entitled to vote, which may be either an annual or a special meeting. Written notice setting forth
the proposed plan or a summary shall be given to each member entitled to vote at the meeting within the time and in the
manner provided in this chapter for the giving of notice of meetings of members. The proposed plan shall be adopted
upon receiving at least two-thirds of the votes which members present at the meeting or represented by proxy are
entitled to cast.
- (c) If a merging or consolidating corporation has no members, or no members entitled to vote, a plan of merger or
consolidation shall be adopted at a meeting of the board of directors of the corporation upon receiving the vote of a
majority of the directors in office.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.