Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 720. Corporate Name of Foreign Corporation.
previous: Section 718
. Activities Not Constituting Transacting Business in This State.
next: Section 723
. Assumed Corporate Name.
AS 10.06.720. Corporate Name of Foreign Corporation.
A certificate of authority may not be issued to a foreign corporation unless the corporate name of the corporation
- (1) contains the word "corporation", "company", "incorporated", or "limited", or an abbreviation of one of these words,
or, for use in this state, adds at the end of its name one of these words or an abbreviation of one of them;
- (2) does not contain a word or phrase that indicates or implies that it is organized for a purpose other than the purpose
contained in its articles of incorporation or that it is authorized or empowered to conduct the business of banking or
- (3) does not contain the word "city", "borough", or "village" or otherwise imply that the corporation is a municipality,
but the name of a city, borough, or village may be used in the corporate name;
- (4) is available for corporate use under AS 10.06.105
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.