Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 640. Appointment of Provisional Director Upon Deadlock.
previous: Section 638
. Commencement of Commissioner's Action; Default.
next: Section 643
. Appointment of Receiver: Application, Hearing and Notice, Security, Qualifications, Powers, Compensation.
AS 10.06.640. Appointment of Provisional Director Upon Deadlock.
- (a) If the ground for the complaint for involuntary dissolution of the corporation is a deadlock in the board as set out
in AS 10.06.628(b)(2), the court may appoint a
- (b) A provisional director shall be an impartial person, who is neither a shareholder nor a creditor of the corporation,
nor related according to the common law by consanguinity or affinity within the third degree to a director of the
corporation or to a judge of the court by which the provisional director is appointed. A provisional director has all
the rights and powers of a director until the deadlock in the board is broken or until the provisional director is
removed by order of the court or by approval of the outstanding shares.
- (c) Unless otherwise agreed the compensation of the provisional director shall be fixed by the court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.