Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 411. Delivery of Information and Items to Shareholders. .
previous: Section 410
. Notice of Shareholders' Meetings.
next: Section 413
. Voting List; Liability.
AS 10.06.411. Delivery of Information and Items to Shareholders. .
- (a) A corporation shall be considered to have delivered an annual report, proxy statement, or other information to
shareholders of record who reside at the same physical location and share an address if the corporation delivers an
annual report, proxy statement, or other information to the shared address; the corporation addresses the annual
report, proxy statement, or other information to the shareholders as a group (for example, "ABC Corporation
Shareholders," "Jane Doe and Household," or "the Smith Family") or to each of the shareholders individually (for
example, "John Doe and Richard Jones"); and
- (1) each shareholder consents in writing to delivery of one copy of the annual report, proxy statement, or other
information to the shareholder's shared address, and the corporation has notified each shareholder of the duration of
that shareholder's consent, explained how the shareholder can revoke the consent, and explained that the corporation
will begin sending an individual copy of the annual report, proxy statement, or other information to the shareholder
within 30 days after revocation of the shareholder's consent; or
- (2) all of the following conditions are met:
- (A) the shareholder has the same last name as the other shareholders at the shared address or the corporation reasonably
believes that the shareholders are members of the same family;
- (B) the corporation has sent the shareholder a notice at least 60 days before the corporation begins to rely on this
section concerning delivery of annual reports, proxy statements, or other information to that shareholder; the notice
- (i) state that only one copy of the annual report, proxy statement, or other information will be delivered to the shared
address unless the corporation receives contrary instructions from the shareholder;
- (ii) include a toll-free telephone number or be accompanied by a reply form that is pre-addressed with postage provided
that the shareholder can use to notify the corporation that the shareholder wishes to receive a separate copy of the
annual report, proxy statement, or other information;
- (iii) state that the corporation will begin sending individual copies to a shareholder within 30 days after the shareholder
notifies the corporation that the shareholder wishes to receive a separate copy of the annual report, proxy statement,
or other information; and
- (iv) include the following statement or a similar clear and understandable statement in boldface type within the text of
the notice or on the envelope containing the notice, or, in the case of a notice mailed with other shareholder
communications, both within the text of the notice and on the envelope containing the notice: "Important Notice
Regarding Delivery of Shareholder Documents";
- (C) the corporation has not received notice from the shareholder indicating that the shareholder wishes to continue to
receive an individual copy of the annual report, proxy statement, or other information; and
- (D) the corporation delivers the annual report, proxy statement, or other information to a post office box or to a
residential street address; the corporation may assume a street address is a residential street address unless the
corporation has information that indicates that the address is a business address.
- (b) If a shareholder revokes consent to delivery of one copy of the annual report, proxy statement, or other information
to a shared address or notifies the corporation that the shareholder wishes to receive an individual copy of the annual
report, proxy statement, or other information, the corporation shall begin sending individual copies to that
shareholder within 30 days after the corporation receives the revocation of consent or notice.
- (c) A corporation is not required to send a notice of a shareholders' meeting, an annual report, a payment, a notice of a
payment, or a proxy statement to a shareholder until the shareholder provides the corporation with written notice of
the shareholder's current address if materials set out in (1) or (2) of this subsection have been sent by first class
mail to the shareholder's address and have been returned as undeliverable:
- (1) an annual report and proxy statements for two consecutive annual shareholders' meetings;
- (2) during a period of at least 12 months, at least two payments of dividends or interest on securities, or at least two
dividend reinvestment confirmations.
- (d) For purposes of (a) of this section, "address" means a street address, a post office box number, an electronic mail
address, a facsimile telephone number, or another similar destination to which paper or electronic documents are
delivered, unless otherwise provided in this section. If the corporation has reason to believe that the address is a
street address of a multi-unit building, the address must include the unit number.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.