Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 388. Acquisition of Corporation's Own Shares; Reissuance or Retirement.
previous: Section 385
. Redemption of Shares at the Option of Corporation; Manner.
next: Section 390
. Capitalization of Retained Earnings.
AS 10.06.388. Acquisition of Corporation's Own Shares; Reissuance or Retirement.
- (a) When a corporation purchases or redeems or otherwise acquires its own shares, the shares are restored to the status of
authorized but unissued shares unless the articles prohibit their reissuance.
- (b) If the articles prohibit the reissuance of shares upon their acquisition by the corporation, then upon the acquisition
of those shares the authorized number of shares of the class and series, if any, to which the shares belonged is
reduced by the number of shares acquired and the articles shall be amended to reflect the reduction in authorized
shares. If all of the authorized shares of a class or series are acquired and their reissue is prohibited by the
articles of incorporation, then the articles shall also be amended to eliminate any statement of rights, preferences,
privileges, and restrictions relating solely to that class or series. Articles of amendment shall be filed within 60
days of the acquisition of the shares in accordance with the requirements of AS 10.06.512
- 10.06.514. Approval by the outstanding shares is
not required to adopt such articles of amendment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.