Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 378. Liability of Shareholders Receiving Prohibited Distributions; Suit Against Shareholders.
previous: Section 375
. Additional Restrictions in Articles, Bylaws, Indentures, or Agreements.
next: Section 380
. Identification of Distribution in Notice to Shareholders.
AS 10.06.378. Liability of Shareholders Receiving Prohibited Distributions; Suit Against Shareholders.
- (a) A shareholder who receives a distribution prohibited by this chapter with knowledge of facts indicating the
impropriety of the distribution is liable to the corporation for the benefit of all of the creditors or shareholders
entitled to institute an action under (b) of this section for the amount received by the shareholder with interest at
the legal rate on judgments until paid. The liability of the shareholder under this subsection may not exceed the
liabilities of the corporation owed to nonconsenting creditors at the time of the violation and the injury suffered by
- (b) Suit may be brought in the name of the corporation to enforce the liability to
- (1) creditors arising under (a) of this section for a violation of AS 10.06.358 or 10.06.360 against any or all shareholders liable by any
one or more creditors of the corporation whose debts or claims arose before the time of the distribution to
shareholders and who have not consented to the distribution, whether or not they have reduced their claims to judgment;
- (2) shareholders arising under (a) of this section for a violation of AS 10.06.363
or 10.06.365 against any or all shareholders liable
by any one or more holders of preferred shares outstanding at the time of the distribution who have not consented to
the distribution, without regard to the provisions of AS 10.06.435
- (c) A shareholder sued under this section may implead all other shareholders liable under this section and may compel
contribution, either in that action or in an independent action against shareholders not joined in that action.
- (d) This section does not affect the liability that a shareholder may have under other applicable law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.