Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 208. Articles of Incorporation.
previous: Section 205
next: Section 210
. Articles of Incorporation; Optional Provisions.
AS 10.06.208. Articles of Incorporation.
The articles of incorporation must set out
- (1) the name of the corporation;
- (2) the purpose or purposes for which the corporation is organized, which may be stated to be, or to include, the
transaction of any or all lawful business for which corporations may be incorporated under this chapter;
- (3) if incorporation is after March 24, 1982, the address of its initial registered office and the name of its initial
- (4) the name and address of each alien affiliate or a statement that there are no alien affiliates;
- (5) if the corporation is authorized to issue only one class of shares, the total number of shares that the corporation is
authorized to issue;
- (6) if the corporation is authorized to issue more than one class of shares, or if a class of shares is to have two or
- (A) the total number of shares of each class the corporation is authorized to issue, and the total number of shares of
each series that the corporation is authorized to issue or of which the board is authorized to fix the number of
- (B) the designation of each class, and the designation of each series or that the board may determine the designation of
- (C) the rights, preferences, privileges, and restrictions granted to or imposed on the respective classes or series of
shares or the holders of the shares, or that the board, within any limits and restrictions stated, may determine or
alter the rights, preferences, privileges, and restrictions granted to or imposed on a wholly unissued class of shares
or a wholly unissued series of any class of shares; and
- (D) if the number of shares of a series is authorized to be fixed by the board, the articles of incorporation may also
authorize the board, within the limits and restrictions stated in the articles or stated in a resolution of the board
originally fixing the number of shares constituting a series, to increase or decrease, but not below the number of
shares of the series then outstanding, the number of shares of a series after the issue of shares of that series; if
the number of shares of a series are decreased, the shares constituting the decrease shall resume the status they had
before the adoption of the resolution originally fixing the number of shares of the series.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.