Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 175. Service On Corporation.
previous: Section 170
. Change By Agent or Resignation of Agent.
next: Section 205
AS 10.06.175. Service On Corporation.
- (a) The registered agent of a corporation is an agent upon whom process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to
be served upon the corporation may be served.
- (b) If a corporation fails to appoint or maintain a registered agent in this state, or if its registered agent cannot,
with reasonable diligence, be found at the registered office, the commissioner is an agent of the corporation upon whom
the process, notice, or demand may be served. A person may serve the commissioner under this subsection by
- (1) serving on the commissioner or the designee of the commissioner a copy of the process, notice, or demand, with any
papers required by law to be delivered in connection with the service, and a fee established by the department by
- (2) sending to the corporation being served by certified mail a notice that service has been made on the commissioner
under this subsection and a copy of the process, notice, or demand and accompanying papers; notice to the corporation
shall be sent to
- (A) the address of the last registered office of the corporation as shown by the records on file in the office of the
- (B) the address, the use of which the person initiating the proceedings knows or, on the basis of reasonable inquiry, has
reason to believe is most likely to result in actual notice; and
- (3) filing with the appropriate court or other body, as part of the return of service, the return receipt of mailing and
an affidavit of the person initiating the proceedings that this section has been complied with.
- (c) The commissioner shall keep a record of processes, notices, and demands served upon the commissioner under this
- (d) This section does not affect the right to serve process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served
upon a corporation in any other manner permitted.
Article 03. FORMATION OF CORPORATIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.