Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 330. Immunity: Use of Defensive Force.
previous: Section 320
. Nonrecovery For Damages For Noneconomic Losses Resulting From Operating a Motor Vehicle While Uninsured.
next: Chapter 68
. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
AS 09.65.330. Immunity: Use of Defensive Force.
- (a) A person who uses force in defense of self, other persons, or property as permitted in AS 11.81 is not liable for the death of or injury to the person against whom the force was intended to be used, unless the person against whom force was used was
- (1) a peace officer, whether on or off duty, who was engaged in the performance of official duties;
- (2) a fire fighter, emergency medical technician, or paramedic engaged in the performance of official duties; or
- (3) medical personnel, a health care provider, or a first responder in an emergency situation.
- (b) The court shall award reasonable attorney fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of a civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is not liable under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.