Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 270. Civil Immunity Related to the Sale or Transfer of a Firearm.
previous: Section 260
. Claims Against Persons Engaged in Business Arising Out of or in Connection With the Year 2000 Date Change. [Repealed, Sec. 3 Ch 79 SLA 1999].
next: Section 280
. Civil Liability of State For Acts or Omissions of Village Public Safety Officers.
AS 09.65.270. Civil Immunity Related to the Sale or Transfer of a Firearm.
- (a) A person may not bring a civil action for damage or harm caused by an individual for whom a federal firearm
certificate was executed if the action arises from the execution of the federal firearm certificate by a public
official with the authority under federal law to execute the certificate and the individual causing the damage or harm
- (1) is the transferee of the firearm; and
- (2) at the time the certificate is executed either
- (A) has a permit to carry a concealed handgun issued under AS 18.65.700; or
- (B) meets the qualifications imposed under AS 18.65.705
(1) - (5) for obtaining a concealed handgun permit.
- (b) In this section, "federal firearm certificate" means the certificate required on a federal "Form 1 (Firearms)," "Form
4 (Firearms)," or "Form 5 (Firearms)."
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.