Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 215. Immunity of Peace Officer For Use of Body Wire Eavesdropping Device.
previous: Section 210
. Damages Resulting From Commission of a Felony or While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
next: Section 220
. Immunity For Certain Real Property Disclosures.
AS 09.65.215. Immunity of Peace Officer For Use of Body Wire Eavesdropping Device.
- (a) A peace officer who intercepts an oral communication by use of an electronic, mechanical, or other eavesdropping
device that is concealed on or carried on the person of the peace officer and that transmits that oral communication by
means of radio to a receiving unit that is monitored by other peace officers, or who monitors the receiving unit, is
not liable for damages to a person whose oral communication is intercepted if
- (1) the interception and monitoring occurs
- (A) during the investigation of a crime or the arrest of a person for a crime; and
- (B) for the purpose of ensuring the safety of the peace officer conducting the investigation or making the arrest;
- (2) the peace officer who intercepts the oral communication is a party to the communication and has consented to the
- (3) the communication intercepted is not recorded.
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "intercept" has the meaning given in AS 42.20.390
- (2) "oral communication" has the meaning given in AS 42.20.390
- (3) "peace officer" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.