Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 205. Civil Liability For Controlled Substances Offense.
previous: Section 200
. Tort Immunity For Personal Injuries or Death Occurring On Unimproved Land.
next: Section 210
. Damages Resulting From Commission of a Felony or While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
AS 09.65.205. Civil Liability For Controlled Substances Offense.
- (a) A person who sells or barters a controlled substance in violation of AS 11.71 is strictly liable
- (1) to the recipient or another person for civil damages if, while under the influence of the controlled substance, the
person receiving the controlled substance engages in conduct that results in civil damages and the recipient's being
under the influence of the controlled substance substantially contributes to the civil damages; and
- (2) for the cost to the state or political subdivision to criminally prosecute a person who receives a controlled
substance from a person who violates AS 11.71 if the prosecution
results from the violation of AS 11.71 described in this
- (b) In an action under (a) of this section, it is not a defense that the person receiving the controlled substance
voluntarily consumed the controlled substance or was voluntarily under the influence of the controlled substance.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "civil damages" includes damages for personal injury, death, or injury to property of a person, including the state or
a political subdivision of the state;
- (2) "controlled substance" has the meaning given in AS 11.71.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.