Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 85. Civil Liability of Electric Utility.
previous: Section 80
. Suits By Incorporated Units of Local Government.
next: Section 87
. Civil Liability For Use of An Automated External Defibrillator.
AS 09.65.085. Civil Liability of Electric Utility.
- (a) A utility offering electrical service to the public for compensation under a certificate of public convenience and
necessity issued by the former Alaska Public Utilities Commission or the Regulatory Commission of Alaska under AS 42.05.221
may not be held strictly liable for property damage, death, or personal injury resulting from an act or omission of
the utility relating to the production, delivery, or sale of electricity.
- (b) This section does not preclude liability for civil damages that are the result of an intentional, reckless, or
negligent act or omission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.