Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 45. Actions Relating to Real Property
- Section 167. Liability of Nonconsensual Common Law Lien Claimant or Grantee.
previous: Section 164
. Request For Release of Nonconsensual Common Law Lien.
next: Section 169
AS 09.45.167. Liability of Nonconsensual Common Law Lien Claimant or Grantee.
- (a) A person who offers a claim of nonconsensual common law lien for recording or filing that is not accompanied by a
specific order from a court of competent jurisdiction recognized under state or federal law authorizing the recording
or filing of the lien is liable to the owner of the property affected by the lien for actual and punitive damages, as
well as costs and actual reasonable attorney fees.
- (b) A grantee or other person purportedly benefited by a claim of nonconsensual common law lien that has been recorded or
filed who refuses to release the lien upon request of the owner of the property affected by the lien is liable to the
owner for actual and punitive damages, as well as costs and actual reasonable attorney fees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.