Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 590. Definitions.
previous: Section 580
next: Section 595
. Short Title.
AS 09.43.590. Definitions.
In AS 09.43.300
- (1) "arbitration organization" means an association, agency, board, commission, or other entity that is neutral and
initiates, sponsors, or administers an arbitration proceeding or is involved in the appointment of an arbitrator;
- (2) "arbitrator" means an individual who is appointed to render an award, alone or with others, in a controversy that is
subject to an agreement to arbitrate;
- (3) "court" means a court of competent jurisdiction in this state;
- (4) "knowledge" means actual knowledge;
- (5) "person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company,
association, joint venture, or government; governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality; public corporation; or
another legal or commercial entity;
- (6) "record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium
and may be retrieved in perceivable form.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.