Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 330. Validity of Agreement to Arbitrate.
previous: Section 320
. Application For Judicial Relief.
next: Section 340
. Application to Compel Arbitration; Stay of Related Proceedings.
AS 09.43.330. Validity of Agreement to Arbitrate.
- (a) An agreement contained in a record to submit to arbitration an existing or subsequent controversy arising between the
parties to the agreement is valid, enforceable, and irrevocable except upon a ground that exists at law or in equity
for the revocation of a contract, and except as provided by (b) of this section.
- (b) To the extent an agreement that contains an arbitration provision is invalidated on the grounds that a party was
induced into entering into the agreement by fraud, the arbitration provision in the agreement is not enforceable, and
the party is not required to prove that the party was induced into entering into the arbitration provision by fraud.
- (c) The court shall decide whether an agreement to arbitrate exists or a controversy is subject to an agreement to
- (d) An arbitrator shall decide whether a condition precedent to arbitrability has been fulfilled.
- (e) If a party to a judicial proceeding challenges the existence of, or claims that a controversy is not subject to, an
agreement to arbitrate, the arbitration proceeding may continue pending final resolution of the issue by the court,
unless the court otherwise orders.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.