Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 130. Modification or Correction of Award By Court.
previous: Section 120
. Vacating An Award.
next: Section 140
. Judgment or Decree On Award.
AS 09.43.130. Modification or Correction of Award By Court.
- (a) On application made within 90 days after delivery of a copy of the award to the applicant, the court shall modify or
correct the award if
- (1) there was an evident miscalculation of figures or an evident mistake in the description of a person, thing or property
referred to in the award;
- (2) the arbitrators have awarded upon a matter not submitted to them and the award may be corrected without affecting the
merits of the decision upon the issues submitted; or
- (3) the award is imperfect in a matter of form not affecting the merits of the controversy.
- (b) If the application is granted, the court shall modify and correct the award to effect its intent and shall confirm the
award as modified and corrected. Otherwise, the court shall confirm the award as made.
- (c) An application to modify or correct an award may be joined in the alternative with an application to vacate the award.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.