Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 70. Witnesses, Subpoenas, Depositions.
previous: Section 60
. Representation By Attorney.
next: Section 80
AS 09.43.070. Witnesses, Subpoenas, Depositions.
- (a) The arbitrators may cause to be issued subpoenas for the attendance of witnesses and for the production of books,
records, documents, and other evidence, and have the power to administer oaths. Subpoenas shall be served, and upon
application to the court by a party or the arbitrators, enforced in the manner provided by law for the service and
enforcement of subpoenas in a civil action.
- (b) On application of a party and for use as evidence, the arbitrators may permit a deposition to be taken, in the manner
and upon the terms designated by the arbitrators, of a witness who cannot be subpoenaed or is unable to attend the
- (c) All provisions of law compelling a person under subpoena to testify are applicable.
- (d) Fees for attendance as a witness shall be the same as for a witness in the superior court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.