Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 38. Alaska Exemptions Act
- Section 20. Exemptions of Personal Property Subject to Value Limitations.
previous: Section 17
. Exemption of Retirement Plan Interests and Payments.
next: Section 25
. Exemption of Unmatured Life Insurance and Annuity Contracts.
AS 09.38.020. Exemptions of Personal Property Subject to Value Limitations.
- (a) An individual is entitled to an exemption in property not to exceed an aggregate value of $3,000 chosen by the
individual from the following categories of property:
- (1) household goods and wearing apparel reasonably necessary for one household;
- (2) if reasonably held for the personal use of the individual or a dependent, books and musical instruments; and
- (3) family portraits and heirlooms of particular sentimental value to the individual.
- (b) An individual is entitled to exemption of jewelry, not exceeding $1,000 in aggregate value, if held for the personal
use of the individual or a dependent.
- (c) An individual is entitled to exemption, not exceeding $2,800 in aggregate value, of implements, professional books,
and tools of the trade.
- (d) An individual is entitled to the exemption of pets to the extent of a value not exceeding $1,000.
- (e) An individual is entitled to an exemption of one motor vehicle to the extent of a value not exceeding $3,000 if the
full value of the motor vehicle does not exceed $20,000.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.