Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 38. Alaska Exemptions Act
- Section 15. Property Exempt Without Limitation.
previous: Section 10
. Homestead Exemption.
next: Section 17
. Exemption of Retirement Plan Interests and Payments.
AS 09.38.015. Property Exempt Without Limitation.
- (a) An individual is entitled to exemption of the following property:
- (1) a burial plot for the individual and the individual's family;
- (2) health aids reasonably necessary to enable the individual or a dependent to work or to sustain health;
- (3) benefits paid or payable for medical, surgical, or hospital care to the extent they are or will be used to pay for the
- (4) an award under AS 18.67 (Violent Crimes Compensation Board) or a
crime victim's reparations act of another jurisdiction;
- (5) benefits paid or payable as a longevity bonus under AS 47.45;
- (6) compensation or benefits paid or payable and exempt under federal law;
- (7) liquor licenses granted under AS 04;
- (8) tuition credit or savings accounts under a higher education savings account established under AS 14.40.802
or an advance college tuition savings contract authorized under AS 14.40.809
- (9) a permanent fund dividend to the extent allowed under AS 43.23.065;
- (10) [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 89 SLA 2005].
- (11) benefits paid or payable under AS 47.45.301 - 47.45.309.
- (b) The right to benefits held by the state on behalf of an individual that may become payable by reason of disability,
unemployment, or illness, amounts held in the teachers', judicial, or public employees' retirement system, or in the
elected public officers' retirement system under former AS 39.37,
and child support collections made by the child support services agency are exempt.
- (c) Property of the state, a municipality, and of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority or another state public
corporation is exempt.
- (d) Real property held by a cemetery association established under AS 10.30 for the purpose of a cemetery and not exceeding 80 acres is
- (d) [Effective July 1, 2008]. Money held in an escrow account under AS 06.60.360 is exempt.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.