Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 35. Execution
- Section 180. Confirmation of Sale or Resale.
previous: Section 170
. Bill of Sale For Personal Property.
next: Section 190
. Eviction of Purchaser.
AS 09.35.180. Confirmation of Sale or Resale.
- (a) Where real property executed upon has been sold, the judgment creditor may, upon motion, apply for an order confirming
the sale. The judgment debtor may object to the confirmation of the sale on the grounds that there were substantial
irregularities in the proceedings of sale that caused probable loss or injury to the judgment debtor.
- (b) If the court finds that there were substantial irregularities in the proceedings concerning the sale to the probable
loss or injury of the party objecting, it shall deny the motion and direct that the property be resold in whole or in
part as upon an execution.
- (c) Upon a resale, the bid of the purchaser at the former sale shall be considered to be renewed and continued in force,
and no bid may be taken except for a greater amount. If the property sells to a person other than the former
purchaser, the former purchaser shall be repaid out of the proceeds of the resale.
- (d) An order confirming a sale is a conclusive determination of the regularity of the proceedings concerning the sale, as
to all persons, in any other action or proceeding.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.