Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 30. Judgments
- Section 120. Grounds For Nonrecognition.
previous: Section 110
. Recognition and Enforcement.
next: Section 130
. Personal Jurisdiction.
AS 09.30.120. Grounds For Nonrecognition.
- (a) A foreign judgment is not conclusive if
- (1) the judgment was rendered under a system that does not provide impartial tribunals or procedures compatible with the
requirements of due process of law;
- (2) the foreign court did not have personal jurisdiction over the defendant; or
- (3) the foreign court did not have jurisdiction over the subject matter.
- (b) A foreign judgment need not be recognized if
- (1) the defendant in the proceedings in the foreign court did not receive notice of the proceedings in sufficient time to
enable the defendant to defend;
- (2) the judgment was obtained by fraud;
- (3) the cause of action on which the judgment is based is repugnant to the public policy of this state;
- (4) the judgment conflicts with another final and conclusive judgment;
- (5) the proceeding in the foreign court was contrary to an agreement between the parties under which the dispute in
question was to be settled otherwise than by proceedings in that court; or
- (6) in the case of jurisdiction based only on personal service, the foreign court was a seriously inconvenient forum for
the trial of the action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.