Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 20. Trial
- Section 130. Proceedings For Examination of Prisoner as a Witness.
previous: Section 120
. Disobedience to Subpoena.
next: Section 140
. Compelling Person to Testify.
AS 09.20.130. Proceedings For Examination of Prisoner as a Witness.
- (a) If a witness is a prisoner confined in a prison in the state, a state court may order the prisoner's temporary removal
and production before a state court for the purpose of being orally examined
- (1) by the court or a judge of the court in which the action or proceeding is pending, unless it is a district court;
- (2) by a judge of the superior or supreme court when the action or proceeding is pending in a district court, or when the
witness's oral examination is required before a judge or other persons out of court.
- (b) In any other case, a state court may order the examination in prison upon a deposition.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.