Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 19. Prisoner and Correctional Facility Litigation Against the State
- Section 100. Definitions.
previous: Section 50
. Discovery in Prisoner Cases.
next: Section 200
. Correctional Facility Litigation.
AS 09.19.100. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "litigation against the state" means a civil action or an appeal from a civil action or from the final decision of an
administrative agency, a petition for review, a petition for hearing, an original application for relief, or another
action filed under the Alaska Rules of Appellate Procedure that
- (A) involves the state, an officer or agent of the state, or a state employee, or a former officer or agent of the state
or state employee, regarding conduct that occurred during that former officer's, agent's, or employee's state
employment or agency, whether the officer, agent, or employee is sued in an official or a personal capacity; and
- (B) is related to a person's status or treatment as a prisoner, to a criminal charge against or involving the person, or
to an alleged violation of the person's constitutional rights;
- (2) "prisoner" has the meaning given in AS 33.30.901
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.