Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 10. Limitations of Actions
- Section 54. Limits On When Certain Design, Construction, and Remodeling Actions May Be Brought.
previous: Section 53
. Contract Actions to Be Brought in Three Years.
next: Section 55
. Statute of Repose of 10 Years.
AS 09.10.054. Limits On When Certain Design, Construction, and Remodeling Actions May Be Brought.
- (a) For actions covered under AS 09.45.881
- 09.45.899, a claimant may not begin an action
against a construction professional unless the notice of claim under AS 09.45.881
is given within one year after the claimant discovers the defect that is the subject of the action, except that the
action may not be begun more than 10 years after substantial completion of the dwelling construction or remodeling that
contains or implements the alleged defect.
- (b) A limitation imposed under this chapter for an action under AS 09.45.881 - 09.45.899 is tolled between the time the claimant serves
notice under AS 09.45.881
and the time the claimant should reasonably understand that settlement under the procedures in AS 09.45.881
- 09.45.899 will not succeed.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "action," "claim," "construction professional," and "dwelling" have the meanings given in AS 09.45.899
- (2) "substantial completion" means the date when the construction or remodeling is sufficiently completed to allow the
owner of the dwelling or a person authorized by the owner to use or occupy the dwelling or the improvement to the
dwelling in the manner for which the dwelling or improvement was intended.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.