Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 5. Jurisdiction
- Section 50. Service of Process On State Prisoners.
previous: Section 40
. Service of Process On Resident Who Leaves State After Accident.
next: Chapter 10
. Limitations of Actions
AS 09.05.050. Service of Process On State Prisoners.
- (a) In a civil action to which a person committed to the custody of the commissioner of corrections is a party or witness,
service of process shall be made by delivering a copy of the summons and the complaint or pleadings, together with a
form for affidavit of proof of service, to the shift supervisor of the correctional facility in which the person is
housed. The shift supervisor shall
- (1) immediately hand deliver the summons and complaint or pleadings to the person whose name appears on the summons; and
- (2) promptly complete the affidavit of proof of service on the form provided and return it to the party requesting service
- (b) A party requesting service of process under this section may locate a person committed to the custody of the
commissioner of corrections by contacting the chief classification officer of the Department of Corrections during that
officer's regular hours of work.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.